In keeping with last year, here are the 10 most visited posts as tracked by the metric collection system that I wrote in 2018.
10. Reset the BMC / IPMI password on a SUPERMICRO motherboard
9. OpenBSD on DigitalOcean
Down from 7 last year.
8. Monitoring Windows 10 gaming performance with Grafana
7. Discord in my IRC client
6. Arris Cable Modem Monitoring
Down from 3 last year.
5. Battling with the UART on my Raspberry Pi
Up from 6 last year.
4. Replacing MRTG with Grafana, InfluxDB and Telegraf
3. Better ad blocking and safer DNS with unbound and CloudFlare
Up from 4 last year.
2. Strange rsync error on Synology DSM
Both this and #1 were in the same position last year.
1. Upgrading Synology DSM From the Command Line
The list continues the popularity of "this is how I did a thing that I thought was interesting, or tricky" or I wrote this software in a fit of rage.
As a bonus, the most popular Thought was a musing on the new Apple Silicon MacBook Pro.
Not sure why Apple felt the need to bury the lede, but the Touch Bar is gone! I'll probably wait a few years and get one on the second hand market because let's face it, I'm not paying $2,499 for a laptop. I'd also like to save my eyes from the contrast-hostile macOS zone for as long as possible (one can hope that contrast comes back in vogue as the designers at Apple reach biological maturity...).
Best of wishes for 2022.